Página principal de la Universidad de AlcaláEscuela de Posgrado
Escuela de Posgrado > Doctorado del EEES > Tesis Doctoral > Doctorado Internacional y Doctorado Europeo
Doctorado Internacional y Doctorado Europeo


The mention will be granted to the followings students, depending on the study programme they have completed:

  • Students of Royal Decree 98/1998 (RD. 98/1998). It will not appear in the Doctoral diploma. The University will issued a certificate with the “European Doctorate” mention (mención de "doctor europeo").
  • Students of Royal Decree 56/2005 (RD. 56/2005). The "doctor europeus" will appear on the adverse side of the Doctoral diploma.
  • Students of Royal Decree 1393/2007 (RD. 1393/2007). The “International Doctorate” mention ("doctor internacional") will appear on the adverse side of the Doctoral diploma. 
  • Students of Royal Decree 99/2011 (RD. 99/2011). The “International Doctorate” mention ("doctor internacional") will appear on the adverse side of the Doctoral diploma. 

Students who request the European Doctorate mention, can ask the University, through the Press service, to finance the binding of the volumes.

You can ask for more information in: http://imprenta.uah.es/


a) During the compulsory study period to achieve the Doctoral degree, the Doctoral student must have completed a three-month stay outside Spain, in an Institution of Higher Education or a prestigious research Centre, completing studies or carrying out research studies. The period outside Spain and  the activities involved need to be endorsed by the Director and authorized by the Academic Commission (Comisión Académica) and will be included in the Doctorate activities document (documento de actividades del doctorando).
b) A part of the Doctoral thesis, at least the summary and the conclusio, must have been written and presented in one of the usual languages for scientific communication in its field of knowledge. It will have to be different from any of the Spanish official languages. This rule will not apply when the reports on the time spent outside Spain and the experts are from a Spanish-speaking country.
c) The thesis must have been evaluated by a minimum of two expert Doctors who belong to a non-Spanish Higher Education or research Institution.
d) At least one expert belonging to any non-Spanish Higher Education Institution or research centre, holding a Doctor’s degree, and different from the responsiable person for the period spent outside Spain mentioned in paragraph a), must have been part of the thesis examining Board.

The defence of the thesis will have to be held in the same Spanish University where the student has enrolled or, in case of joint Doctorate programmes, in any of the participating Universities, according to the rules specifying the collaboration agreements.

Documents to be submitted

When submitting the thesis, you will also have to submit the following documents:

  • Certificate stating the period spent outside Spain (certificación de la estancia realizada), authorized by the Director of the thesis and the Academic Commission of the programme (Comisión Académica del Programa) (if the Commission has not been nominated, it will be endorsed by the corresponding Department) (paragraph a).
  • Two original reports from the two expert Doctors (paragraph c). 


Acceso a Mi Portal
Acceso al Aula Virtual
Acceso a Comunic@
Estudiantes de Posgrado
Tablón de anuncios del Vicerrectorado de Posgrado y Educación Permanente. Requiere autenticación
Biblioteca UAH
Síguenos en Facebook
Información: 900 900 411
Buzón de quejas y sugerencias

Escuela de Posgrado


Colegio de León. C/ Libreros, 21 - 28801 Alcalá de Henares (Madrid).
© Universidad de Alcalá - Todos los derechos reservados
Acerca de nuestra web | Accesibilidad | Danos tu opinión | Protección de datos